Monday, January 1, 2018
New year, new calling
As 2017 came to an end, I kept trying to think of new year resolutions, as many people do. I came up with some goals for myself, but I didn't really know what God wanted from me in this coming year. But as always, God answered my prayer and told me exactly what He wants from me.
I went to a retreat with the campus ministry Chi Alpha Christian Fellowship (no, it's not a sorority), at which God told and showed me so so many things. Among those things was a new calling He has for my life. He wants me to reach out to the Muslim community of New Mexico State University and show them Jesus.
This honestly did not come as a shock to me, as I was recently called to go on a missions trip to a Muslim country in North Africa. I truly felt like God has called me to go to this Muslim country, it was not just for the adventure of traveling, but I do not have any Muslim friends right now whom I am trying to show Jesus to. It made total sense to me and I felt foolish for not hearing God telling me this earlier. But He is faithful and patient, and opened my eyes to His great calling for me.
A few weeks ago at Chi Alpha, Mike Winters said something that shook many people, and got me thinking. He said something along the lines of,
"If you don't have a heart for international students here, what makes you think you'll have a heart for international people anywhere?"
I already understood that God's calling for all His people is that they go out and make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19-20), but I did not yet have a heart for ALL nations. The craziest part is that this calling which God has given me is not only for me.
He wants all of us to go and make disciples of all nations. Of course it's important to reach out to Americans, but there's an entire world that needs Jesus. Step out of your comfort zone and talk to someone from a different culture than yours about Him.
As this new year begins, please join me in prayer for the Arab world and Muslims all around the world. Pray that they would come to know and love Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I love you!
Delete